Butler, IN asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Can you help with a mom keeping her daughter from any contact with her dad even though there is a parenting agreement?

My son lives in Michigan and the last he knew his daughter & her mom live in Tampa. The mom has not allowed any kind of contact with the daughter for over a year. He has requested wellness checks but she isn't at any of the addresses he knew about & has filed for contempt but can't find her to serve her. He doesn't have the money to hire a PI or an attorney. Can you help with this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney
  • Jupiter, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: In order to properly serve the Mother, it will be necessary to hire a PI or process server company to do so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.