Crowley, LA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: My sons biological father is in his life, but my ex boyfriend signed birth certificate. Can I have my ex removed.

My son is 19 months old. Long story short my ex boyfriend, who is NOT, his biological father wants to sue me for custody. But he hasn’t spoken to us in 6 months. My son’s biological father is present and helping me support and coparent my son. The signing of the birth certificate was a mistake I should never have allowed, but I was under duress and my ex boyfriend insisted on signing knowing he wasn’t biological father. Can I have my ex taken off the BC?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Your attorney can file to Disavow your ex and at the same time file for Paternity by the biological father.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.