Columbus, OH asked in Intellectual Property for Ohio

Q: Can I obtain a title of a vehicle left on my property ? The vehicle has been at my house for over 10 years.

I had left my friend borrow 5,000 almost 15 years ago. To ensure they would pay me back he left me with his vehicle that was valued at almost 60,000 back in 2006. He never returned and I have not been able to get ahold of him by phone or by mail. Please advise I am in the state of Ohio. I know I need to get the car valued at some point.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Liliana Di Nola-Baron
Liliana Di Nola-Baron

A: This forum is solely for intellectual property. You will need to contact an attorney who specializes in tangible property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.