Herriman, UT asked in Criminal Law for Utah

Q: How do I start expungement for accessory drug charges in 1992

The charges were in Santa Clara Count in California when I was 18

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: I recommend you repost your query with a California tag. The attorneys who received notice of your question are almost certainly licensed in UT, but few will be jointly licensed in CA (I'm sure there are a few, but I do not know if they will respond to your question). Charges received in California will have to be expunged in the California system, a process with which I am unfamiliar.

On a side note, if your charges had been in Utah, they would be eligible for automatic sealing as of last year.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.