Stockton, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: How many years can I go back on a workers comp. claim. I never received a closed claim letter in Seattle WA..

The investigation was found in my favor by their investigator .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There is no code section requiring any 'closed claim' letter. If "go back" means to appeal a judge's decision at trial, you had 20 days from date the decision was mailed out. If this was a settlement you signed, you had 25 days from the date the judge's Order Approving was mailed out.

IF you resolved your matter with Stipulations With Request For Award or won at Trial with a finding "there IS need" for medical treatment, you need not "go back", but just pick a new treating physician from the Medical Provider Network. Put in writing to the Insurer that you are requesting your treatment be authorized immediately, and keep faxing and emailing that writing until the adjuster approves that doctor to see you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.