Panama City, FL asked in Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: My daughter was beaten and strangled with a leather belt by x boyfriend infront of her 2 sons all on video .

Now he has found away to flush her out from hiding for there life. he filed emergency sole custody and got it and had a pick up order for her children now police came to her safe house and arrested her with a charge of kidnapping her own children,took her boys and said they were going to cac but had change of plan and took them to airport and handed them to the guy who tried to kill my daughter .my poor grandsons have never been away from their mother and now she is in jail like a criminal for protecting her and her sons life as she was suppose to .he has been stalking her threatening her they are extraditing her back to la.he said whatever he don't finish his mother will we have all the evidence of all of what I said and more but since yesterday I've been getting texts and calls 64 today 1 in fear for my daughter and grandsons lives b/c he told me he will finish what he didn't get too.also the night of attack she got to call 911 and the police told her to open fire he fle

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your daughter needs to go to a police station with the evidence you are talking about and report the crime. They should find probable cause to arrest him, eventually arrest him, and a stay away order will be entered to make it illegal for him to contact your daughter during the pendency of the case. Your daughter can also use the same evidence to petition for an domestic violence injunction (restraining order). It will likely be granted if she goes through all of the proper steps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.