Venice, FL asked in Estate Planning, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New York

Q: I have an irrevocable trust for my grandchildren. Their father stole 300,000$ from my savings and 73,000 from Met Life.

He left me w35$. Can I change the irrevocable trust and sell my home? Since I can prove fraud, identity theft, elder abuse. I owe109,000 on my mortgage can I get a home equity loan on a 6 family ? I need money for legal fees and dental work.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: The terms of the trust will govern a lot of it. If the trust has provisions for your lifetime care, you can ultimately petition the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.