Tampa, FL asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: In the state of Florida is it a law that you have to press charges on your abuser with an open CPI Case?

They are trying to take not give me back my kids what type of lawyer do I need to hire to sue the are doing discrimination of me and my Rights

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It is not a Florida law that says that you must press charges, however, generally speaking, the Florida Department of Children and Families can remove a child from a home if they can show the home is dangerous for a child because of ongoing domestic violence. You should consult with a family law attorney on an important issue like this.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.