Saint Charles, IL asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Wisconsin

Q: How do I fight a citation?

I was recently involved in a vehicle accident, and I would like to fight the citation for failure to yield when there's no yield sign one and two I was already in the middle of my turn when the vehicle came flying down the road.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Wisconsin attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. By now, you may have already involved a traffic ticket attorney to challenge the citation. As a general matter nationwide, there are settings where a yield sign is not necessarily required for such a determination to be made. If you are awaiting a hearing date, it could be worth considering a consult with an attorney because the outcome of the citation could be relevant to the apportionment of liability in the accident. This could be significant, especially if there were injuries or extensive property damage. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.