Saint Louis, MO asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Missouri

Q: I'm I was a very bad car wreck I. Is 25k all I can sue for its the max on my ex girlfriends insurance.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can always sue for more but you may not collect on it. If you don't have any underinsured motorist coverage under your policy and the driver who is responsible for your injuries only has $25,000 of insurance, there's a good chance (there are a few exceptions to this in the event the insurance company screws something up) the insurance company will only be on the hook for $25,000.00.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.