Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: Is adoption easier after obligor charged with Deadbeat , abandonment in all regards? 3yrs, Past 5 do not count.

Child's father is my 2nd husband. Separated 8wks after birth. Divorced 7 months later(April 1st). Remarried 1st husband from a 15yr marriage with 2 children, 1brother(20) & 1sister(18). This is the child's family. Child's father's behavior would continue. He's who the child's father is. More worrisome is the father's mentality that would significantly impact and deter or change the child's perception in life as a whole. I know.... that's a different animal.

First 3 years was draining. Sketchy, flakey "disneyland dad". Now nothing from all sides. Basically, visits when did happen were spent with child's father's mother. Doesn't bother otherwise.

Feeling like....(I'm not his mother)

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You may have grounds for your current husband to adopt. Contact an adoption attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.