Poteau, OK asked in Probate for Oklahoma

Q: What are my rights? Brother won't speak with any siblings. He put it in probate. Mother died end of Sept.

She had no will. Owned her land and home had 56000 in one account. and other account not sure He was appointed special administratior over her estate in one day. Now what happens? He's living in her home with his wife. He owns property next door and lives in TX. There are 5 of us. I just want to know do I have rights? And if so what? and how long is probate process. All her debts if any have been paid.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna L Self
Anna L Self
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If your Mom died intestate you would be entitled to a share of probate assets. You would need an attorney to review the probate documents to tell you what you are entitled to and explain the probate process as it relates to your Mom's case. Every probate is different as to how long they take to complete.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.