Cartersville, GA asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: When filing a civil suit and I have multiple claims how do I proceed?

my claims are as follows: intentional negligence, extortion and conversion and racketeering, intentional infliction of emotional distress, securities and investment fraud

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst
  • Alpharetta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: When filing a complaint with multiple claims, it is best to set out each claim separately. In other words, it should look like "Count I - Negligence," "Count II - Extortion," "Count III - Conversion," and so on. Under each count heading, set forth the law for that particular claim and the facts which support it.

Please be advised under Georgia law there is no such thing as "intentional negligence." There exist intentional torts such as battery, assault, etc. but those are not negligent acts. Negligence involves a person failing to use reasonable care which causes injury and subsequent damages to another. If an act is intended to harm another, negligence is not the proper claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.