Lawrence, KS asked in Family Law for Iowa

Q: I live in the state of Iowa what does filing the requisite affidavit and proceeding with service by publication mean?

Is there an specific form for filing this petition after receiving approval from the judge/court? I recently just filed a motion seeking official approval to file the petition/affidavit for doing this? Cant find the name of the form that can be filled out and completed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
M. John Riley
M. John Riley
  • Council Bluffs, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: Google Iowa court forms. The site has legal forms for unrepresented parties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.