Palm Bay, FL asked in Medical Malpractice for Florida

Q: I would like information on how I would pursue a complaint or medical malpractice against a doctor.

I had Achilles’ tendon surgery two years ago and had to have it redone by another surgeon this past summer.

The first surgery was done incorrectly. I was advised by his nurse that “ he hasn’t done this kind of surgery in years.

Also I ended having a infection on the surgery site which resulted in a four day hospital stay. He never saw me since I was put in the hospital. I called his office to make up a follow up appointment and was told he won’t see me anymore.

I was left with a hole in my foot, couldn’t walk on the foot at all.

Pain and suffering has been tremendous.

No follow up.

I have not been without pain for over two years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: This isn't the type of claim that you can pursue yourself. You need to get in contact with a medical malpractice attorney in your area who handles cases on behalf of plaintiffs (parties who are suing as opposed to doctors who are being sued). One thing that may be an issue for you is that in Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit is two years from the discovery of the incident. Consult an attorney as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.