Grand Rapids, MI asked in Small Claims for Michigan

Q: Private TRT Clinic: I paid $2,000 for treatment and the doctor disappeared.

I’ve been on TRT for 2 years with the same clinic. It’s a small clinic with one physician and one receptionist. My annual renewal just took place and I paid $2,000 upfront. I had some labs drawn and ordered medication. After that the physician disappeared. There is no one at the clinic to take calls and he stopped answering his cell phone/email. It’s been 4 weeks and I have not been able to reach him. This whole situation has left me feeling uneasy and I want a refund. I didn’t sign a contract. I have a receipt and phone records that show the numerous attempts to reach him/his clinic. I have even gone to the clinic multiple times and no one is there.

Small claims court: how would I proceed for a refund? Do I file my claim against the physician or his clinic. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Alexander
Adam Alexander
  • Southfield, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you paid by credit card I suggest you consider challenging the charge before you file a lawsuit.

Also, I suggest you send a certified letter to the clinic disputing the charge and requesting an explanation. Again, before you file a lawsuit.

Without knowing more information, I do not have advice on who to sue.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.