Moody, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I was served for divorce Oct 30. Final hearing date for divorce is Jan.12. Can I still File a Motion for Temporary Order

I don't have a lawyer, so trying to figure it out myself. It's very hard. Husband has a Lawyer. He's been provider for the 10yr marriage. My income is $313 disability check. I need help. Is it to late to file Motion for Temporary Orders Hearing? I live in the home. It's mine, wasn't purchased during the marriage.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Temporary orders won't be effective after a final decree is entered, so it doesn't make much sense to request temporary orders at this stage. Of greater concern is the terms of the final decree, and whether it recognizes your separate property. You need a lawyer to review the situation. You may be able to get help from a legal aid group in your county. Contact your county bar association for a referral if you can't find them on line.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.