East Orange, NJ asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for New York

Q: Good evening, I was wondering if it would be easier to file for an uncontested lawyer(k, We know what we want already.

We have two kids also.I’m willing to pay whatever the state recommends for child support

1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore Alatsas
Theodore Alatsas
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in New York

A: Filing for an uncontested divorce can be a low cost alternative to a long drawn out divorce. When our firm handles an uncontested divorce, we require that all issues between the parties have been resolved. This includes the payment of child support, custody and visitation, and the division of any real or personal property. It requires the cooperation of both parties to be completed. If you are interested in assistance in this regard, you are welcome to contact our firm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.