Kansas City, MO asked in Real Estate Law for Kansas

Q: I had someone too be a POA and and they took a lot of things out of our house but is there anything that I can do. Shor

Shortly after we wrote her POA she took items out of our house and land that did belong to her Our neighbors stated that they saw them taking it items out of the house and putting them in a box moving van. And it was revoked in May I have found out that my car and some property was sold and she was no longer POA. Can anything be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott C. Stockwell
Scott C. Stockwell
  • Lawrence, KS
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: If you believe property was stolen, you might start with a police report. The police have resources you cannot match to deal with possible theft and its investigation.

Financial attorneys-in-fact have an obligation to provide a financial accounting, and you, with assistance from legal counsel, should request such an accounting.

Resources you may want to take advantage of in obtaining assistance would be the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging (https://www.jhawkaaa.org), Kansas Legal Services (https://www.kansaslegalservices.org) and its Elder Law Hotline (888-353-5337). As with any potential criminal investigation, the sooner the investigation begins, the more likely it will be successful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.