Saint Louis, MO asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Military Law for Illinois

Q: my and my roomate was served a search warrent and charged together,roomamte took all charges ,shouldnt mine be dismissed

i was jailed when i did not answer the questions being asked while detained,and i did not see the warrant til i was bonded out 10 days later,also wasnt given a copy of the seisure list of items they took as evidence from my home,mine and mine alone is the only name on the lease and i wasnt home when they police entered the home demanding my fiancee and her son wait outside while they conducted a search which they told her they had a warrant for ,but didnt show her either or comply when she asked them to wait for me til i returned to issue the warrant to search and sieze.we was charged with meth,and felonycharges forgery of money.

1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Thank you for your excellent description of the origins of the pending criminal case. Even if you feel your criminal charges against you should be dismissed, that could be done only during a court hearing or by the assigned local prosecutor. Also, as you may know by now, the criminal case of that magnitude will not simply dissipate in thin air and most definitely requires an attentive and professionally competent criminal attorney license licensed in that jurisdiction to examine the criminal case flaws and address them accordingly on merits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.