Newark, DE asked in Personal Injury for Pennsylvania

Q: Does the law say I can’t be compensated my full proven wages damages due to the extend of my injury?

I was involved in a motor accident. treatment for 5 mths. Doctor after 3 mths placed me on 4 hr work restriction and finally limited me to a continuous and permanent 4 hr work restriction. So I can no longer make the money I used to make unless I try to get another less manual work. The insurance co. has only paid me 1 mth of loss wages because they say my injury wasn’t extensive. What about 5 mths. of loss wages while I was in treatment and future loss of income due to 4 hr work restriction. Is that fair? Does the law say I can’t be compensated my full damages due to the extend of my injury?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Pennsylvania attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You ask if this outcome is fair, and whether the law requires you be compensated full damages due to your injuries.

Unfortunately, that's not the way this works. It sounds like your file should be reviewed by an attorney. The independent medical exams and their determinations of disability levels need to be looked at closely. If an experienced Pennsylvania attorney reviewed your file, they could probably advise more appropriately than is possible in the brief format of this forum. What you describe is a complex situation.

Attorneys who handle accident cases often give free initial consults.

Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.