Springboro, OH asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: My son is being accused of groping a female counter part. They are the same age, the father wants to call the police.

My question is will it be a he said she said case? He denies the accusations and he was not raised that way. They are both minors, it supposedly happened on a coed trip. She said they were both sleeping and she woke up to his hands on her. She claims she got up quickly and went to the bathroom. He claims for the hour he was asleep she never left. They "broke" up 5 days later. He doesn't want this to haunt him when he knows for a fact he wasn't handsy, like they are saying he was. This also happened 5 months ago.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Likely it can be handled in juvenile court with it having to be bound over to adult court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.