Detroit, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: Hi i have a question about a legal issue involving a false cps case against me when i have no minor children in the home

This claim was filed against me because my grandchildren were in my care when i ran out of propane due to a mistake made by mdhhs. While trying to get them to look into their mistake which i started when my tank was at 30% they refused to look into it and instead asked if i had kids in the home i told her i had already called their parents to pick them uo and my house was not cold yet she said she was a mandated reporter and would not give me her name and hung up on me. The mistake was later deemed theirs and rectified allowing me to get propane. Now cps is investigating when the kids don't live here. The caseworker from cps said its baseless but he has to investigate. Contacting my grandkids school. Doctor and parents.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I'm not sure what you can do at this point. When CPS is contacted, they do have an obligation to investigate. Your time to act will be when you receive the result of that investigation. Hopefully it is as the caseworker told you: unsubstantiated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.