San Antonio, TX asked in Uncategorized for Texas

Q: Does verbal abuse and severely low mental health of a child get the child removed?

My father is horrible. I am 16 years old, my mom passed when i was 10. I love my father i have to, but i cannot stand his verbal abuse. He does so much for me, but i am breaking as a person everyday. I have a sister who is financially stable and she would let me come over anytime. I just don’t have my father’s permission to go over there. What can i do? Will CPS do anything? Who do i talk to who can give me a plan?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Sorry, CPS likely won't do anything about this.

I was in a similar situation, and got a job so that I could spend as little time in my father's house as possible. It sucks, but I think you're stuck for 2 more years. The good news is that by that time, you can save some money and gain some employment experience, both of which will help you, now and in the future.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.