Santa Clara, CA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Arizona

Q: Can I include violations of Criminal Code § 13–2907.02 in a family law case or is it a matter for the police?

Making it trickier, I live in another country, my ex lives in another state and Tucson AZ retains jurisdiction of the children. False reports have been made against me elsewhere but mostly and repeatedly in Arizona. I have a long documented paper trail of proof but have no idea where to start. Is there a form or motion I have to submit? Thanks!

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Are you wanting to know how you can get the Court to consider the information?

If so, the best way is to use it as an exhibit at trial. To be eligible to be used as a trial exhibit, you need to disclose it to the other side at least 60 days before trial, you need to follow the Court's instructions regarding having the the document prepared as an exhibit at trial (generally, your exhibits are due a week ahead of the trial, though this can vary from judge to judge), and then, on the day of trial, you want to grab the document, identify the document (i.e., this is Exhibit 38 - reports my ex has made), you have to then ask the court to move into evidence, the other side will get a chance to object, the Court will then determine whether to admit it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.