Aurora, IL asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Illinois

Q: my 1 son is a xanax addict and has just recently damaged my tv while being on drugs. Can i press charges, hes 17.

He has been a serious addict for over 1 year now. I'm not getting much help and the cops seem to keep giving him a pass on his behavior. He has even caused me to have a nervous breakdown over the summer and ended up in the hospital. He does not want rehab either. He gets sent to the hospital then after a week, they release him because he is not willing to go into rehab. At this point, he needs jail. Help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You need to immediately get medical and legal assistance for your son. Consult directly with the professionals of your choice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.