Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law for Arizona

Q: husband sol provider dec 2019 unemployment 2020 - 2021 not paying bills @ moms our house forbearance can court make him

He been getting over 2500 month eorkmens comp his mother in mo has more than sufficient incomr she wants him with her wanted him to live her & me alone right after married. He works union plenty work home in az no reson stay i want counciling in AZ both us & order to make him pay bilks i have no ehere to go & cannot support myself without help. He new this when married 8 years 2 months ago. I don't want divorce just husband home he didn't soeak mother til 2019 need court order bills to be paid i see his soending today slone over $300. On junk ED pills?? Living with mother ? Over $1000. On tv alit of stuff & i can't get bills paid got covid trying to firce myself work more mire through pain he is 64 & i am 56 he also hss 401 k annunity 112,000.00 had less than 20,000. When we married. Everything i had from previous marriage gone. He told me not to worry he'd take care of me rest of my life he does not snswer my calls or texts just ignore me i psy his phone bill and can see they went t

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rich J. Peters
Rich J. Peters
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: To answer the questions that I see:

1. Arizona does have a procedure by which you can have court ordered counseling.

2. You can ask the court to enter orders regarding "spousal maintenance", so that your judge can assess whether your husband should be assisting you with your bills and if so in what amount and for how long.

3. If a portion of his 401(k) was accrued during the marriage, then you are absolutely entitled to one half of that amount.

A qualified and experienced family law attorney can of course assist you in considering your options

and then getting where you need to be. Most of us offer free, 1/2 hour consultations, in which your

matter can be discussed in detail. That would be a great opportunity to discuss the specifics of your

matter and develop a plan. I would encourage you to quickly schedule this free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.