Macungie, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: Can a ticket be dismissed if the officer wrote down the wrong location of the so called violation?

I was pulled over and given a ticket by an officer for not stopping at a stop sign. He claimed that I had rolled through a stop sign. Then proceeded to tell me which street I had not stopped on. The issue is the street he stated was not where the incident had happened. He stated it and also wrote it on the citation. For example Main and Vine is where it occured but he wrote that it happened on Main and Orchard. Which is on the complete opposite side of the area he had both stopped me at and said I had violated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Yes, that would be a fatal error unless the judge allows the officer to amend the citation when you go to court. Get a lawyer because you will have a better result especially if you have to fight this issue. It is points on your license and you don’t want your insurance to be affected. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.