Asked in International Law

Q: Hello, I have an aquantince back in Palestine. They overstayed their visas and now could face deportation. What happens

They are U.S. citizens, born there. How would the process go, would they be able to choose what state they get deported to or to the state they were born in? Who would pay for the flight? What happens afterwards that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Pensacola, FL

A: What happens is subject to Israeli law and the agencies of their government that enforce it. Your guess is just about as good as mine, but I would suspect that they will be repatriate on a local airline and dropped off at the nearest arrival point for that airline in the U. S.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.