Cincinnati, OH asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Michigan

Q: A father is telling the mother she can only see the child certain times because he is mad she moved on never married

If no custody agreement has been set besides between the two for every other week and now the dad isn’t ok with it because he is mad they are not together they have never been married he says she only wants the child to see her twice a week on her days off only during the day so the child can stay with his grandparents is this ok?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: This situation is why court orders exist. File a motion and get a court order for specific parenting time. That way, one person cannot just change their mind. Of course, parents can continue to agree to additions or changes. But an agreement requires two people to agree.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.