Wadsworth, OH asked in Probate for Ohio

Q: Sister passed, no will. Limited assets. I hired an attorney in Florida since I am out out state and let her know the

potential problem of one sibling/beneficiary. This was to be a simple summary, but brother here in Ohio likes the court scene with over 59 cases and will argue anything, true or not. It is costing me more and I may need to drop out mainly attorney fees are now $295.hr. shared this with the attorney, but haven't heard back yet. I am concerned about the $3500+ I paid so far. The only asset to pay the attorney extra, would be to sell the car. If brother isn't willingly ( just to be spiteful) Can the judge over ride it, allow car to be sold? Brother has a long court documented history of this, & when our mother passed, he (mis) handled her estate We had no access to her house for 5 months/ by then all her bank statements, everything was gone. Like she didn't exist/ life insurance was cancelled ( younger brother was appointed to handle it) He took everything from the rest of us, plus we paid the balance of att, fee/$2400. I feel the need to write the court. Bad idea? Doesn't matter?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You have an attorney, so a lot of these questions should go to him or a different florida counsel. In Ohio, it is likely that his objections would be overruled by the probate court as unfounded, especially if there are no assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.