Tampa, FL asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: Can I go back to court and request assistance from my ex-husband for Post Secondary education based on info below?

6. Post-Secondary Educational Support: The parties hereby agree that the Court shall retain jurisdiction over this matter for the purpose of entering Orders pertaining to the payment of post-secondary education expenses pursuant to the provisions of Conn. Gen. Stat. Sec. 46b-56c.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Ann Subbloie
Linda Ann Subbloie
  • New Haven, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Yes. That is the purpose of the language that states the court retains jurisdiction to enter orders for college or other post- secondary education costs. You will need to file a motion with the court and you both will have to fill out financial affidavits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.