Baton Rouge, LA asked in Intellectual Property for Louisiana

Q: Hi I am interest in an abandonded house next door can I pay the back taxes and place a lien on the property

Once I do this how do I take possession of the property after 6 months

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: The process to get possession is not as simple and quick as you like----however, if you are serious about this, I recommend that at a minimum, you consult with a property or real estate lawyer in your area--pay him for a consultation----and ask the questions you have and get the information you need to understand the steps and the process----if, after meeting with the attorney, you decide to move forward, then you can either try to do it yourself, or you can hire an attorney to represent and guide you through this process. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.