Q: How can we sue a count jail for medical neglect and for violating inmates rights

Denied medical care after contracting covid due to the jails negligence and unsanitary conditions also bond set so high he can't get out $350,000 judge refuses to lower it and has yet to have been in front of a judge for a formal hearing or arraignment for his charges they held his arraignment without him present as well as had court 3 or 4 times without him

1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: A person may file a Section 1983 suit concerning lack of medical care by filing the complaint himself or hiring an attorney to do so. Attorneys who file civil rights suits generally do so on a contingency basis but are particular as to which suits they will choose to undertake given the potentially large investment of time and money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.