Show Low, AZ asked in Divorce for Arizona

Q: My property has been listed in legal documents "divorce" that neither party's have rights too. How do I correct this??

My brothers wife filed for divorce, she states MY brother is sole owner she's not entitled to MY PROPERTY, in her petition for divorce. When this was brought to my attention i contacted wife to explain I own the property which I believe she fully understood this fact, i told her that even tho she checked the box she was not entitled too property, that it is her responsibility to file a amendment to correct it. She says she will not. I would like to no what my rights are to force her to correct this. I don't believe i should have to rely on my brother to respond to her petition to have this matter corrected. What are my rights and what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rich J. Peters
Rich J. Peters
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I inadvertently hit return on that last answer too soon!

You could file, on your own behalf, a Motion to Intervene, asserting that you need to be a part of the action in order to protect your property rights. Otherwise, you would simply be hoping your brother would be protecting your rights.

A qualified and experienced family law attorney can of course assist you in considering your options

and then getting where you need to be. Most of us offer free, 1/2 hour consultations, in which your

matter can be discussed in detail. That would be a great opportunity to discuss the specifics of your

matter and develop a plan. I would encourage you to quickly schedule this free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.