Asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Ok my husband has a problem right now he is having to go back to court for a drug charge that he had got 2 years

Ago but before that he got a 400-200 charge and he did do his time they gave him 2 years but they were supposed to run them together but we just found out they did not so almost 3 years later there trying to come back and give him more time I had called the police where he got the charge and they said they dropped it but now they are trying to give him 4 years on that charge what can he do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You know what to do, hire a good criminal lawyer. If you cannot afford to hire a lawyer, ask the court to appoint one for him. This is a no-brainer!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.