Riverview, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Litigation for Colorado

Q: What if a court order is impossible to complete ?

I got divorced in Colorado and have been ordered reintegration therapy to have contact with my children however I live in Florida. To have therapy the therapist must be licensed in both states this is impossible to find and if I did find a therapist willing they would be in violation of the law since I am not a resident of Colorado and my children are not residents of Florida. My ex is totally unwilling to cooperate in any way. Can I file a motion to vacate the order or request a hearing to reconsider the court order?

1 Lawyer Answer
John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Yes, you can file a motion to have he court modify it's order. Your motion should propose a solution that is possible and that will meet the court's initial concerns. You should get a lawyer in Colorado to help you with this (assuming the order is from the Colorado court).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.