Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: How an I obtain information on an out of state sealed indictment only the police have been able to see 10yrs old?

I have tried to contact the courts and police departments in said out of state county to no avail.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard W. Noel
Richard W. Noel
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: My question to you would be "why do you need a 10-year-old indictment?" Generally grand jury indictments are sealed and you are NOT privy to them. They're secret proceedings. Being that it's 10 years old, you would need some grounds to convince the court to give you a sealed copy. Consider speaking with an attorney in that jurisdiction who can help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.