Midland, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My son was arrested because he had his prescription meds in his pocket. He has proof from Dr. that he is prescribed

Will it be enough to bring proof of the prescriptions to court to have this dismissed? Will a court appointed attorney be able to handle?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Of course his court-appointed attorney can handle this. And it's considerably more complicated than your son just bringing proof of the Rxs to court. Have him turn over those prescriptions to his attorney. I hope you get on top of this very quickly because it's possible that the lawyer can present this evidence to the prosecutor and/or the Grand Jury so your son might be able to avoid being indicted altogether, thus winning his case(s) without ever having to go to court at all. Good luck! And, by the way, why are you asking this question rather than your son?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.