West Valley City, UT asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Utah

Q: How do you get a custody order reversed that was falsified? What can you do when they intercepted mail and had no idea?

My fathers ex girlfriend while living with him went to the courts and filed for custody of my sister claiming she didn’t know where he was. And would get all the mail and summons to appear and hid it from my dad so they granted her full custody. Jump forward a year and she assaults my dad again and calls the police and has him arrested and he gets the domestic violence in the presence of a child even though he is disabled and over 60 and she is late 30 early 40 and has been to jail multiple times for assaulting him even running him over with the car. She did a year in jail for that one. How do we get that reversed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chase Van Oostendorp
Chase Van Oostendorp
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: This is a tricky situation. There are ways to undue orders, especially those that were obtained under false pretenses. Please see Utah R. Civ. P. 60.

This seems to be a complicated issue. I would advise you to talk with a lawyer who is familiar with domestic issues like this.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.