Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: Hi, I was given a ticket for hitting a vehicle parked on the highway median. No one was in the vehicle.

FAIL TO NOTIFY OWNER/FIXED OBJ STRUCK (40-6-272). I was picked up by ambulance and taken to the hospital. The policeman gave me a ticket while I was lying down in the ambulance for not contacting the owner of the vehicle I hit. Can I dispute this ticket and have the ticket removed from my record?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Morris  Margulis
Morris Margulis
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Based on the facts presented, you should absolutely dispute this ticket. You need to be careful, however, as the most glaring error on this ticket is one that can easily be corrected by a competent prosecutor.

Please contact my office if you would like further assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.