Westland, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: My ex is taking my daughter refuses to allow me to speak or even see her what can I do about this

The mom says if I attempt to do anything about it she's going to tell everybody that I'm a child beating narcissistic a****** quote on quote I need help please!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you don't already have a court case, you need to file a complaint for custody and parenting time with the court. If you do already have a court case with the mother, then you need to file a motion for specific parenting time and possibly custody.

Let her call you what she will. Prepare to present the evidence you have; she'll have the right to present any evidence she has. Unless there is a police report, criminal conviction, or CPS record to substantiate what she's threatening to call you, it's just that: a threat. Let the judge decide.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.