Sicklerville, NJ asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for New Jersey

Q: I moved in my home and 1.4 acre of my land is being farmed by the previous owners family. What should I do to reclaim it

My house I bought sits on 4 acres. The seller inherited the land from his grandparents. My next door neighbor is the previous owners brother who owns an identical lot to mine. Behind my property is a planted field with corn by the previous owners uncle. The guy I bought it from used to let his uncle plant in about an 1.4 acres of what is now my property. I have plans for this land and it's my property now. How should I approach this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to retain an experienced local land use and zoning law. These are the type of cases, where you really need a politically connected attorney to accomplish anything. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.