Westlake, LA asked in Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: My husband put his hands on me last night & i am going to the police today. Will they make him leave our home? He refuse

I have been a victim of domestic violence for the 17yrs I've been married. Now I do not mean I was hit every day but about once a year my husband gets very violent with me and in front of our 2 kids. About 4-5 yrs ago it was really bad and I called the police but did not press charges,he was arrested two days later bc the state picked it up and we went to court where I got a restraining order against him. He lived with a friend for 2months and then i let him come home and refused to testify against him so it was dropped. Shouldn't have done that! I'm a stay at home mother for the past 12yrs,he makes/controls all the money and makes alot of money. Well he came home drunk last night and we got into an argument. He is 250lbs 6'1 and im 5'1 140lbs. He gets in my face screaming, grabs me by the collar of my sweater and picks me up and tossed me to the ground, then puts his hands around my neck. My 15yr old son comes running out and stops him. Then he throws a huge boot at me & it hit my fac

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a divorce lawyer to file for divorce, custody, child support and spousal support before the state takes your kids.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.