Sidney, OH asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Ohio

Q: i need legal help for child support and child custody for my 2 kids

i dont have income coming in right as now but i just started a new job and will soon. my children's father thinks him and his girlfriends kids are more important then taking care of our kids. i just need legal need to get full custody and get him on child support. we agreed on a certain amount per week to help with taking care of the kids and he took half of it away. Plus the last child tax credit he took half of it and i don't know what he spent it on. he gets a bonus check from his job every 3 months he don't even give one penny of that to help with the kids he takes it and goes and takes him his girlfriend and family on vacation, he told me that he works hard for that bonus check and he has to take care of himself before he takes care of anyone. Please help, thank you and have a nice day

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You don't need a lawyer to get him on child support. Go to your local child support enforcement agency office and apply, in person, for a support order for your children. They will handle the rest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.