Lewisville, TX asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi

Q: How can someone get a copy of all evidence, court records, court transcripts, etc. to help a case?

I’m trying to help my man out on his case & want to know the best way to obtain any information possible on the case. I’ve tried numerous website in the county, surrounding areas and state. I am not having any luck getting the information. I am not in the same state as the inmate so I know that makes it a bit harder. I have some transcripts and paperwork but there are some missing that I really would like to read since the judge had made comments about time served should be enough. This has been going on since June or July 2017 and should have been over by now. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Your best bet is going to be to contact the local court clerk and see if they would make a copy of the entire court file for you; however, be warned, they will likely charge a copying fee for the entire file, which could run considerably high.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.