Lakeland, FL asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Florida

Q: I need a lawyer that is willing to take on Energy Solutions Direct regarding solar service.

I had solar panels installed 4 years ago and they have never worked. I have paid $300. monthly to the solar company and also pay high electric bills. I have been through the BBB with them and recently filed bankrupcy under chapter 7 due to the financial strain. I need someone that can help me get my life back. I want the panels off the roof, the roof fixed if they damage it, the solar attic fan replaced with a regular attic fan, and all of this behind me. I have been paying for promises and getting nothing.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It appears that you may have an adversary bankruptcy case, possibly a compulsory one. Also, if you "have been through the BBB with them", you may be able to enforce the results of arbitration, if any. Ask you bankruptcy attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.