Murfreesboro, TN asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: Tn. Standing on my private property. Police charge me with DUI. Got me to confess to driving. I was very intoxicated.

Neighbor claims they saw me drive. The police did not see me , video me ,or have any proof . They got me to give a drunken admission. Is this legal on my private property. Do I have any leg to stand on?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Apparently you have already confessed to driving. So a strong DUI charge has been made. A good lawyer may find other problems though, which is his job. Prepare for a thorough Preliminary Hearing, and stay out of trouble.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.