Clinton, IA asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: I would like to know if you could tell me how I find out if I have a felony

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Audriana T. Anderson
Audriana T. Anderson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheaton, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The simplest thing for you to do is to hire a private agency to conduct a criminal background check for you -- that really takes all the work out of your hands; however, that can be pricey. Another option would be to look online or go in person to the Circuit Clerk's Office of the counties where you currently reside or have resided in the past and look up your name in their online system. You could also look at the Circuit Clerk's Office online case system in the counties where you have been arrested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.