Shreveport, LA asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: How do I go about bringing a civil case against someone that was the alleged victim in the criminal case against me?

My fiance was living with her mother when they got into a domestic squabble. To make Understanding this easier Brandi---->Fiance.......... Sarah--------->Mother. The fight happened at their home But Sarah called an ambulance cause she said brandi Hit her and broke her leg so Sarah went to the hospital. Brandi stayed at home. While at the hospital Sarah told them that Brandi did this to her. The thing is that the injury was a preexisting one. Sarah is also a meth addict. Long story short Brandi has all kinds of evidence and proof , photographic and documented to prove that Sarah is a liar. My fiance just isn't going to sit in jail for over a year, possibly two to fight this charge. Nor would i. So, she will plead out on the 7th and come home between the 10th and 25th. Can't we take the evidence we have and drag that witch through civil court and win?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Huge mistake pleading to these charges. Hire a criminal attorney who also does plaintiff personal injury.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.